It’s the Mighty Mo Run: Sioux City, Iowa’s greatest Three Stooges themed running event of the year! So long as you can resist the urge to throw banana cream pies at the other runners, you’re sure to have one of the best times of your life at the Mighty Mo Run.
What Is the Mighty Mo Run?
The Mighty Mo Run combines two of Iowans’ favorite things: athleticism, and philanthropy!
Participants will enjoy a scenic dash across the Missouri River Trail, and are welcome to take their sweet time or pound pavement in hope of finishing first. In other words, the Mighty Mo Run is exactly as competitive as you’d like it to be!
But however fast you run, you’ll be doing it for a great cause. Proceeds from Sioux City’s premier running event will directly support the Helping Athletes Run & Train (HART) Foundation.
When Is the Mighty Mo Run?
The Mighty Mo Run includes five separate events that are split up across three consecutive days in mid-September, 2023.
- Fri, Sep 15th @ 6:30pm – 5K (3.1 miles; $35 registration fee)
- Sat, Sep 16th @ 6:30pm – Kids’ fun run (0.5 miles; $10 registration fee)
- Sat, Sep 16th @ 7:30am – 10K (6.2 miles; $35 registration fee)
- Sun, Sep 17th @ 7am – Half marathon (13.1 miles; $75 registration fee)
- Sun, Sep 17th @ 7am – Full marathon (26.2 miles; $90 registration fee)
You can register for the Mighty Mo Run at runsignup.com. Registration fees will increase on September 1st, so make sure to reserve your spot at the starting line early!
Where Is the Mighty Mo Run?
All of the Mighty Mo Run running events begin at Seaboard Triumph Foods Expo Center at 550 Expo Center Dr, Sioux City, IA.
- The half marathon course goes down to Chautauqua Park, then over to War Eagle Park, and then back to Seaboard Triumph Foods Expo Center.
- The full marathon goes down to Chautauqua Park, then all the way up to River Drive S, then down to Siouxland Freedom Park in Nebraska, and then finally back to Seaboard Triumph Foods Expo Center.
Both the half and full marathons are certified courses, as well as flat and fast (which should come as little surprise to runners who are already familiar with Sioux City’s topography).
What Is the Mighty Mo Health & Wellness Expo?
The Mighty Mo Health & Wellness Expo will be held at Seaboard Triumph Foods Expo Center on Saturday, September 16th from 10am to 4pm. In addition to providing packet pickup, the event will present a massive variety of the greater Sioux City area’s most interesting health and wellness companies. Even if you aren’t competing, make sure to stop by to meet representatives of local health clubs, nutrition companies and fitness equipment retailers!
How Do You Prepare for the Mighty Mo Run?
By buying a great pair of running shoes, of course! Perhaps we’re just a little bit biased, but we believe the best athletic apparel store in Sioux City is none other than our very own. Peak Performance Fitness Gear offers everything you need to run like a stooge!
- Shoes – Whether you’re an ultramarathoner or a casual weekend stroller, you’re certain to find the perfect shoes for your unique athletic needs at Peak Performance Fitness Gear. We carry Asics, Brooks, Hoka, New Balance, Nike, Saucony and more, and our Physician Tested 5 Point Fit Process always ensures the ideal fit.
- Apparel – We carry official Mighty Mo Run T-shirts, as well as a wide variety of shorts, headbands and socks so you can feel just as good as you look while you’re galloping alongside the mighty Missouri River.
Come visit Peak Performance Fitness Gear at 4501 Southern Hills Dr, Ste 19 in Sioux City to gear up for the big race, or contact us today if you would like to learn more about our expansive selection of high-quality footwear, athletic apparel and exercise equipment in stock!